Synchronous Motors Mcqs Start Creating PDF
Synchronous Motors Mcqs, this topic has 122 mcqs, It takes five to ten minutes to complete this free synchronous motors mcqs test. You will see 4 or 5 option of each question. You must choose / think only one option and then press on answer key for check right answer. Practice "synchronous motors mcqs" MCQs and share with your friends, brothers, sisters.
synchronous motors mcqs (Total Quiz: 122)
MCQ: Synchronous motors are generally not self-starting because:
- the direction of rotation is not fixed
- the direction of instantaneous torque reverses after half cycle
- startes cannot be used on these machines
- starting winding is not provided on the machines
MCQ: In case one phase of a three-phase synchronous motor is short-circuited the motor will____________?
- not start
- run at 2/3 of synchronous speed
- run with excessive vibrations
- take less than the rated load
MCQ: A three-phase synchronous motor will have_____________?
- no slip-rings
- one slip-ring
- two slip-rings
- three slip-rings
MCQ: When V is the applied voltage, then the breakdown torque of a synchronous motor varies as_________?
MCQ: The synchronous motor is not inherently self-starting because_______________?
- the force required to accelerate the rotor to the synchronous speed in an instant is absent
- the starting device to accelerate the rotor to near synchronous speed is absent
- a rotating magnetic field does not have enough poles
- the rotating magnetic field is produced by only 50 Hz frequency currents
MCQ: An over-excited synchronous motor takes__________?
- leading current
- lagging current
- both A. and (b)
- none of the above
MCQ: For V-curves for a synchronous motor the graph is drawn between:_______________?
- armature current and power factor
- terminal voltage and load factor
- power factor and field current
- field current and armature current
MCQ: In a synchronous motor which loss varies with load ?
- Windage loss
- Bearing friction loss
- Copper loss
- Core loss
MCQ: The speed regulation of a synchronous motor is always___________?
MCQ: A synchronous motor will always stop when:______________?
- supply voltage fluctuates
- load in motor varies
- excitation winding gets disconnected
- supply voltage frequency changes
- synchronous machine
- synchronous speed of induction motor
- permanent synchronous motor