Hydraulics & Fluid Mechanics Mcqs Start Creating PDF
Hydraulics & Fluid Mechanics Mcqs, this topic has 212 mcqs, It takes five to ten minutes to complete this free hydraulics & fluid mechanics mcqs test. You will see 4 or 5 option of each question. You must choose / think only one option and then press on answer key for check right answer. Practice "hydraulics & fluid mechanics mcqs" MCQs and share with your friends, brothers, sisters.
hydraulics & fluid mechanics mcqs (Total Quiz: 212)
MCQ: Choose the wrong statement________________?
- Viscosity of a fluid is that property which determines the amount of its resistance to a shearing force
- Viscosity is due primarily to interaction between fluid molecules
- Viscosity of liquids decreases with in-crease in temperature
- Viscosity of liquids is appreciably affected by change in pressure
- Viscosity is expressed as poise, stoke, or saybolt seconds
MCQ: Choose the wrong statement___?
- fluids are capable of flowing
- fluids conform to the shape of the con-taining vessels
- when in equilibrium, fluids cannot sustain tangential forces
- when in equilibrium, fluids can sustain shear forces
- fluids have some degree of compressibility and offer little resistance to form
MCQ: Choose the wrong statement__?
- any weight, floating or immersed in a liquid, is acted upon by a buoyant force
- Buoyant force is equal to the weight of the liquid displaced
- The point through which buoyant force acts, is called the center of buoyancy
- Center of buoyancy is located above the center of gravity of the displaced liquid v
- Relative density of liquids can be determined by means of the depth of flotation of hydrometer
MCQ: Choose the wrong statement_?
- The center of buoyancy is located at the center of gravity of the displaced liquid
- For stability of a submerged body, the center of gravity of body must lie directly below the center of buoyancy
- If e.g. and center of buoyancy coincide, the submerged body must lie at neutral equilibrium for all positions
- For stability of floating cylinders or spheres, the e.g. of body must lie below the center of buoyancy
- All floating bodies are stable
MCQ: Select the correct statement___?
- Local atmospheric pressure depends upon elevation of locality only
- Standard atmospheric pressure is the mean local atmospheric pressure a* sea level
- Local atmospheric pressure is always below standard atmospheric pressure
- A barometer reads the difference be-tween local and standard atmospheric pressure
- Gauge piessure is equal to atmospheric pressure plus instrument reading
MCQ: In a forced vortex, the velocity of flow everywhere within the fluid is__________________?
- non-zero finite
MCQ: Two pipe systems can be said to be equivalent, when the following quantites are same______________?
- friction loss and flow
- length and diameter
- flow and length
- friction factor and diameter
- velocity and diameter
MCQ: At the centre line of a pipe flowing under pressure where the velocity gradient is zero, the shear stress will be_______________?
- negative value
- could be any value
MCQ: For pipes, laminar flow occurs when Roynolds number is__________________?
- less than 2000
- between 2000 and 4000
- more than 4000
- less than 4000
- none of the above
MCQ: The fluid forces considered in the Navier Stokes equation are__________________?
- gravity, pressure and viscous
- gravity, pressure and turbulent
- pressure, viscous and turbulent
- gravity, viscous and turbulent
- none of the above
- rk bansal fluid mechanics price
- hydraulics mechanics
- fluid mechanics by modi and seth google books
- fluid mechanics by rk rajput
- 2500 solved problems in fluid mechanics