Fluid Mechanics Mcqs Start Creating PDF
Fluid Mechanics Mcqs, this topic has 97 mcqs, It takes five to ten minutes to complete this free fluid mechanics mcqs test. You will see 4 or 5 option of each question. You must choose / think only one option and then press on answer key for check right answer. Practice "fluid mechanics mcqs" MCQs and share with your friends, brothers, sisters.
fluid mechanics mcqs (Total Quiz: 97)
MCQ: Select the correct statement_.?
- The absolute roughness of a pipe de-creases with time
- A pipe becomes smooth after using for long time
- The friction factor decreases with time
- The absolute roughness increases with time
MCQ: The unit of kinematic viscosity is_______________?
MCQ: Pascal-second is the unit of______________?
- kinematic viscosity
- dynamic viscosity
- surface tension
MCQ: An ideal fluid is_______________?
- one which obeys Newton’s law of viscosity
- frictionless and incompressible
- very viscous
- frictionless and compressible
MCQ: If the dynamic viscosity of a fluid is 0.5 poise and specific gravity is 0.5, then the kinematic viscosity of that fluid in stokes is__________________?
- none of the above
MCQ: The viscosity of a gas_______________?
- decreases with increase in temperature
- increases with increase in temperature
- is independent of temperature
- is independent of pressure for very high pressure intensities
MCQ: Newton’s law of viscosity relates________________?
- intensity of pressure and rate of angular deformation
- shear stress and rate of angular deformation
- shear stress, viscosity and temperature
- viscosity and rate of angular deformation
MCQ: The position of center of pressure on a plane surface immersed vertically in a static mass of fluid is______________?
- at the centroid of the submerged area
- always above the centroid of the area
- always below the centroid of the area
- none of the above
MCQ: A vertical rectangular plane surface is submerged in water such that its top and bottom surfaces are 1.5 m and 6.0 m res-pectively below the free surface. The position of center of pressure below the free surface will be at a distance of________________?
- 3.75 m
- 4.0 m
MCQ: A floating body is said to be in a state of stable equilibrium_________________?
- when its metacentric height is zero
- when the metacentre is above the centre of gravity
- when the metacentre is below the centre of gravity
- only when its centre of gravity is below its centre of buoyancy
- fluid mechanics
- computational fluid dynamics
- engineering applications of computational fluid mechanics
- fluid dynamics simulation
- computational fluid dynamics applications
- cfd computer fluid dynamics
- fluid mechanics simulation